Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fawkes Sawkes



Thank goodness Fawkes is here to protect my feet from all of those slithery socks of late! :) This is Phoenix yarn from Sunshine Yarns. I wanted to use a stitch that reminded me of Phoenix feathers, so I decided to use a slightly modified Flying Chevron from Walker #2. I like the way it turned out. :)

It's a bit hard to see with all those flaming phoenix colors, but I know what it is. I found the sterling silver phoenix charm on eBay, painted it 24K gold, and waterproof-finished it. It dangles down the back of the heel.

I was a bit disappointed that Fawkes did not make a return appearance during the Battle of Hogwarts, but I guess when a phoenix leaves for good, that's what it really means.

I'll keep these socks around for a while, though. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow. Those are simply spectacular. They put my plain Phoenix socks to shame.