Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tally Ho!

I have two more finished pairs of socks! They have been blocking and drying and out of sight, and therefore, out of mind. ;)

The first pair is knitted from "Sorted into Slytherin" from Dharmafey's Cosmic Fibers. Once again, these are the softer side of the house colors, and will blend perfectly into Muggle society. I don't know how Carrie manages to dye those beautiful silver tones into a yarn, but she does a great job of it!

The next pair is the "Sorted into Hufflepuff," also from Dharmafey Cosmic Fibers. I love the rich gold and greyish black of this yarn. It makes a striking pair of socks. (That little ball of yarn at the top is my leftover yarn. Whew!) Both pair of these are toe-ups on size 0 DPNs; 64 stitches on the foot, 72 for the feather-and-fan leg.

So, now for the tallies to date:

Here are the three pair that qualify for Summer of Socks.

And here here are my completed socks for the Summer of Magical Socks. There is one pair from each Hogwarts house plus the Heir of Slytherin. Hmmm. Maybe it's a good thing that I have a pair of phoenix socks on my needles right now. . .


1 comment:

Beth said...

Did you see the Fawkes pattern on Socktopia???

http://socktopia.net/blog/2007/07/10/introducing-fawkes/