So my friend Cindi says, "Come on. We should do this. it will be fun!"
And you know what? She was right.
We signed up to go on an 8-day roundtrip knitting cruise: Seattle, Ketchikan, Juneau, Victoria, Seattle.
- There were 115 knitters on board with us.
- We visited 6 yarn stores, including the wonderful Beehive Wool Shop in Victoria.
- We met the awesome Brenda Dayne of the Cast-On podcast.
- We met the awesome Amy Singer from Knitty.com.
- We met the awesome Heather from Craft Lit.
- We met awesome knitters from all over the US and Canada. (Hi Deborah, and Meg, and Lisa, and Melinda, and Jasmin, and Jennie the Potter and mom (hope the leg is all healed!),and Sharon, and Jamie, and the VicKnitChick, and Andrea, and ...so many other wonderful, talented, and nice knitters!)
- Sometimes we knitted all day.
- Sometimes we knitted late into the night.
- Somedays we were so busy chatting and having fun, we didn't knit at all!
- And we even managed to do some sightseeing.
We had a great time on the cruise, and the Big Lesson we took away was: If you meet great people who make your days enjoyable, then making lemonade can be so much fun you forget you started with some lemons.
(Also, yarn and goodies go a long way to make knitters happy. But you knew that already, right?)